Medical evaluations are conducted by a hospital in order to correctly assess and judge the extent of an infirmity and a patient’s overall condition of health. They are extremely important in the course of treatment of the patient. Medical evaluation reports also serve as points of reference which can be accessed by doctors later. Medical evaluations may also be carried out by private researchers, not connected with any hospital or diagnostic centre. The cardinal points that a medical evaluation must always seek to address are as follows:
The patient’s symptoms and probable diagnosis.
The patient’s prior medical history, especially those aspects which may have a bearing on the present illness.
Medication being taken and prognosis.
Details of doctors in charge, care and nutrition information and information regarding round the clock monitoring if any.
Dietary restrictions and lifestyle checks, if any.
After an initial medical evaluation, key areas of concern need to be highlighted. This can be followed up by periodical health checks and monitoring both by the patient’s immediate family and his physician. The importance of medical evaluations is as follows:
They ensure a well documented record of a patient’s medical condition, which can be used later as well.
They allow for prompt and specific treatment, they can remove the need for a large number of unnecessary and cumbersome tests.
They are documentary evidence in case of any untoward incident involving hospital staff.
A medical evaluation must be written in a clear crisp and professional manner. There should be absolutely no ambiguity as they may be used by other doctors as their starting point or point of departure. As a person’s health, vitality and, indeed life itself, are dependent on a correct medical evaluation, care should be taken to ensure that there is absolute transparency and perfect accuracy.
- Sample Medical Evaluation
- Medical Evaluation Format
- Medical Evaluation Template
- Medical Laboratory Evaluation
- Independent Medical Evaluation
- Respirator Medical Evaluation
- Medical Assistant Performance Evaluation
- Medical Practice Evaluation
- Medical Product Evaluation Form
- Medical Evaluation Form
- Medical Student Evaluation
- Medical Competency Evaluation
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Medical Education Evaluation
- Physical Evaluation
- Mental Evaluation
- Medical Office Staff Evaluation
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
- Medical Secretary Evaluation
- Medical Self Evaluation
- Medical Segmentation Evaluation
- Medical Utilization Evaluation
Category: Medical Evaluation