Job Application Evaluation
Job applications are the key to any successful career. Hence, in order to impress recruiters one needs to fashion one’s application in a way that it gives them enough reasons to select his application over the others. Job application evaluation is that exercise that allows a person to assess the weightage of his or her job application and helps them tailor their application in a way that may give them an edge over the others.
Sample Job Application Evaluation
Job application evaluation
Compiled by: New York Recruiters’ Agency
The respondents are requested to answer the given questions in the most honest way possible with respect to their job applications. The value of each section of the application is given in brackets in accordance with the importance recruiters place while reviewing them.
- Cover letter (15 points)
- Does the cover letter attached to the application introduce the candidate adequately to the recruiters? Yes/No.
- Does the content of the cover letter help recruiters interpret the facts mentioned in the resume in favor of the candidate? Yes/No.
- How well are the letter worded and the tone set? 1,2,3,4,5
- Career Objective (20 points)
- Does the career objective clearly state the career interests of the candidate? Yes/No
- Does it adequately express the candidate’s expectations from the job? Yes/No.
- Does it clearly mention the job position applied for? Yes/No.
- Qualifications (30 points)
- Do the qualifications mentioned meet the basic requirements set for the job? Yes/No.
- Are the qualifications relevant to the demands of the job? Yes/No.
- How would you rate the educational qualifications of the person in question with respect to the job requirements? 1,2,3,4,5.
- How would you rate the person’s technical skills with respect to the needs of the job? 1,2,3,4,5.
- Is the person in question academically, technically, conceptually sound enough to handle the responsibilities of the job? 1,2,3,4,5.
- Work Experience (35 points)
- Are the work experiences relevant to the job? Yes/No.
- Is the person experienced enough to be absolutely familiar with the intricacies of the profession? Yes/No.
- Does the work experience stated meet the requirements of the job? Yes/ No.
Category: Job Evaluation